Pack Smartly: Printable Checklist for the AG Bell 2019 Symposium
The AG Bell Global Listening & Spoken Language Symposium is right around the corner and with that comes the task of packing. Some people are natural born organizers, and others need a little help. But that’s okay! We’re here to make things easy for you so we put together a list of basic items you’ll want to pack for your trip. It’s broken it down by category: items you need during travel, personal time, and conference time.
You might notice that we don’t include things like clothes because we think that’s self-explanatory. Please don’t forget to bring clothes.
- Credit cards, debit cards, and small amount of cash
- Only bring the cards you plan to use
- Ear plugs
- Travel pillow or headrest
- Entertainment (book, e-reader, magazine)
- Guidebook like Lonely Planet
- Checkout their app where you can download a Madrid guide and use it offline
- Dual converter/power adapter
- Small travel steamer or wrinkle release
- Portable charger
- Dual voltage hair straightener
- Travel insurance
- Backup hearing aid
- Wax guard
- Extra batteries
- Hearing aid cleaning equipment
- cochlear implant
- Ear hook
- Extra batteries
- Dehumidifying case or travel case for your hearing aid or Cochlear implant
- Assistive Listening Device
- Business cards
- Presentation materials (if any)
- Pen and notebook
- Laptop (if needed) and charger
A couple of final reminders before you get on your way:
Checked luggage can sometimes get lost in transit. Be sure to keep your hearing equipment in your carry-on bag. You don’t want to arrive in Madrid and find yourself without any of those items.
The easiest way to remember to pack your hearing equipment is to wear it to the airport. If you’re worried that your device will set off alarms at a TSA security checkpoint, don’t be! Neither the Cochlear implant nor the hearing aid should cause any issues for you.
Packing should get you excited for your travels rather than stressed. If you’re worried you might forget something, feel free to print this list and check items off as you go. Happy travels!
Reference in this publication to any specific product, process, or service is for general informational purposes only and does not constitute an endorsement, recommendation, or certification of any kind by Alexander Graham Bell Association for the Deaf and Hard of Hearing.