Listening and Spoken Language Symposium June 29 - July 1, 2017
proposal submissions closed on November 11, 2016
We are developing an incredible education program for the 2017 AG Bell Listening and Spoken Language Symposium - and we need your help!
We invite you to submit your proposal for the 2017 AG Bell Symposium on June 29 - July 1, 2017. With the theme of Innovate, Integrate, Motivate: Toward Excellence in Listening and Spoken Language Practice, the symposium will be held in Arlington, VA just steps away from Washington, DC.
Join us and over 400 of the leading Listening and Spoken Language professionals from around the world for three days of learning, sharing best practices in Listening and Spoken Language and peer-to-peer networking in the nation's capital, the home of the AG Bell historic Volta Bureau headquarters.
4 Session Formats
In our sixth year of the symposium, our format recognizes the changes in instructional methodologies for education and enrichment. We give you the option to select from four flexible session formats to best fit your topic:
- Poster Sessions
- 30-minute Session
- 90-minute Session
- 3.5 hour Workshop (all workshops held on 8:00 AM to 4:30 PM on June 29 just prior to the beginning of the symposium activities on Thursday evening)
9 Program Tracks
This year, we have also expanded our programming focus to nine distinct Tracks, each encompassing a critical area of knowledge in the field of Listening and Spoken Language.
- Research to Practice (the application of research findings to educational or clinical practice)
- International Perspectives
- Special Populations (e.g., children in bilingual environments, children in low resource environments)
- Cognitive, Literacy and Social Skills Development
- Audiology, Neuroscience and Auditory Development
- Education, Therapeutic, and Clinical Management and Practice
- Mentoring, Parent Guidance and Coaching, Professional Preparation
- Technology (e.g., telepractice, accessibility, instructional and amplification-related)
- Innovative Practices, Collaborative Projects/Initiatives and Professional Issues